Bond Member Profile
Ms. Bond on profiled member…Tia and I follow each other on Twitter but the first time we really met was when she placed an order for Bond Cards! We recently bonded over breakfast during her brief NYC trip and it felt like we’ve never not known each other. Don’t you just love that feeling? I do!
Name… Tia Butts
Age… is just a number, but I’m currently 45 and loving it.
On Twitter, I am… @WineInkByTia
Profession… Creating, connecting and communicating. I own my own public relations agency and work primarily with wine clients.
Hometown… Shrewsbury, Vermont, but was also raised, in part, in Northern California.
Present Location… the heart of wine country— Napa, California.
How did you meet Ms. Bond… on Twitter!
How long have you been a Bond member… Though I don’t live in NYC and have not yet attended a breakfast club meeting, I’ve been a fan of Cynthia and the Bond newsletter for about two years or so now.
1. My most recent Bond moment was… celebrating the one-year anniversary of my company! I’m so proud of myself for having the courage to go out on my own.
2. I admire…authentic, genuine souls who gracefully embrace life’s challenges and never give up on their dreams.
3. The biggest fear I want to overcome is… any fear, big or small, that might hold me back from learning or experiencing something magical or amazing.
4. I’m guilty of… not calling my mother often enough.
5. Five adjectives that define me are…warm-hearted, engaging, organized, loyal and open.
6. Gin or Vodka… Gin
7. The fruit I cannot live without is… nectarines
8. My favorite Bond Tip is…”It’s not about your circumstances, it’s about your attitude in those circumstances.” It reminds me of a poster my mother has had hanging in her house for as long as I can remember that says something like “Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you handle it.”
9. Rainy day or sunny day… Both have their benefits, but overall I’m a sunshine girl.
10. I’m currently reading… The Art of Racing in the Rain and Farm City. I have a huge stack of books I’m slowly working through on my bedside table. On a more regular basis, I read a lot of magazines.
11. Joy is…often life’s small moments like holding hands with my 17-year-old daughter, dancing, finding the most beautiful flower on your walk in the park, laughing till it hurts or having the perfect cappuccino.
12. Chore is… anything that requires me to build or work in a spreadsheet.
13. The most sexy thing about me is… I’ve got nice eyes and lots of curves, but sexy is more than physical, so I suppose my effervescence.
14. One quirky thing about me is…I sing the “Happy Birthday” song to myself every morning in the mirror as I’m putting on my makeup. Every day is a blessing.
15. The color of my toothbrush is… white (I use a Sonicare).
16. When I fail… I own up to my mistakes, internalize the lesson and move on.
17. For me, 2014 will be about…traveling to see or do something I’ve never seen or done before. My goal is at least one each month. And, calling my mother more.